At All Hallows’, we value the essential skills Performing Arts teaches students: skills our girls will need throughout their schooling and beyond. It builds their self-confidence, creativity and adaptability and extends their abilities in communicating and exploring ideas. Our Cultural Program offers a diverse range of opportunities from instrumental music, dance, voice, speech and drama lessons, to ensembles, choirs and bands.
Our talented and specialist staff cater for all ability levels and provide the opportunity for students to explore and pursue their individual talents. Debating and public speaking are highly valued activities with many students taking part in Inter-School, State and National competitions. Our well-established and extensive Performing Arts Program provides both private tuition and group participation opportunities across numerous co-curricular music, drama and dance activities. Our huge variety of ensembles and performance opportunities provide a place for all students to learn and succeed. Our program includes:
- Speech & Drama Program - Voice & Communication, Drama & Performance
- Instrumental & Vocal Program (Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Cello, Clarinet, Composition, Double Bass, Euphonium, Flute, French Horn, Guitar, Music Theory, Oboe, Percussion, Piano, Piccolo, Saxophone – Alto & Tenor, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin and Voice)
- Dance Ensembles
- Vocal Ensembles (Senior Choir, Junior Choir, Sr. Mary Céline Chorale, Junior Chorale, Mezzo Choir, Novizio Choir)
- String Ensembles (String Ensembles, String Quartets, Guitar Ensembles)
- Bands (Wind Symphony, Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Jazz Ensembles)
- Brass and Woodwind Ensembles (Brass Ensembles, Clarinet Ensembles, Flute Ensembles, Saxophone Ensemble, Wind Quintet)
- Percussion Ensembles and Percussion Quartet
- Piano Ensembles
- Handbell Ensemble.
In addition to these opportunities, students who join our community in Year 5 are afforded with the invaluable experience of learning an orchestral instrument and participating as a member of an instrumental ensemble as part of the Year 5 curriculum.
The instruments are allocated based on individual suitability and prior knowledge, and all students participate in both weekly small group instrumental tutorials and a compulsory band or string ensemble class.
The inclusion of performing arts in an All Hallows’ education provides a balanced and holistic approach to the development of the whole person. For many of our students, it is a transformative experience and is invaluable to their personal and social development.