Our Environmental Sustainability Plan builds on past achievements, while setting targets and stating aims to meet today's environmental challenges.
We are inspired by God’s mercy and compassion, together with the wisdom of the Gospel and the lived example of Catherine McAuley.
Our vision is to raise awareness, advocate and implement programmes and practices that prioritise environmental sustainability at All Hallows’ School and by all members of our school community.
We are committed to:
- Actively engaging in and building support for environmental sustainability initiatives through teaching and learning, leadership and demonstrating leading practices across our school;
- Integrating social and environmental stewardship into education programs to empower students and staff to take personal and collective action to become responsible environmental citizens, equipping them to understand and solve global challenges
- Continuously improving environmental performance across our school’s operations, including the planning, construction, operation and powering of our buildings and green space, use of water and reduction and management of waste.
Our Environmental Sustainability Plan was developed through:
- The formation of the Environmental Sustainability Strategic Team who oversaw the review, benchmarking and consultation as well as the creation of the plan and its goals and targets
- Consultation with stakeholders, including students, staff, parents and caregivers and drawing on the expertise of the School Board and Board Committee members;
- A review of current environmental sustainability performance trends and practices in primary and secondary schools in Australia and internationally;
- Benchmarking our performance and practices with leading Australian and international schools.
Please view our Environmental Sustainability Plan here.