All Hallows’ School is committed to the care, safety and wellbeing of all students while in our care and take our moral and legal responsibility to provide our students with a safe and secure environment most seriously. Our student protection policies and processes are based on the following principles:
- Every child/student has a right to protection from harm.
- The welfare and best interest of the child/student are paramount.
- All adults have a responsibility to care for students and to protect them from all forms of harm as well as to positively promote their welfare.
- All Hallows’ School is committed to the importance and implementation of student protection policies and processes.
To this end, we have developed a comprehensive Student Protection Policy in addition to our Student Protection Processes that are designed to maintain a child safe environment. Listed below are a number of key policies and processes:
- Policy on Student Protection
- Student Protection Processes for Queensland Catholic School Authorities
- Student Protection Guidelines
- Procedure for Non-Compliance with Student Protection Processes.
All Hallows’ School Student Protection Contacts
Under the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Regulation 2017 (Section 16(3)), All Hallows’ School Limited has at least two nominated staff members to whom a student can report the behaviour of another staff member that the student considers inappropriate. The names of these are made known to staff, students and parents and are:
Deputy Principal: email DeputyPrincipal@ahs.qld.edu.au
Dean of Student Wellbeing: email DeanofStudentWellbeing@ahs.qld.edu.au
Head of Pastoral Care: email HeadofPastoralCare@ahs.qld.edu.au
Head of Health and Wellness: email HeadofHealthandWellness@ahs.qld.edu.au
Head of Years 5 & 6: email email@example.com
School Counsellors: email Counselling@ahs.qld.edu.au